Last updated: 1/12/2021
In collaboration with our colleagues at Tufts Medical Center and Tufts Children's Hospital, NEQCA is closely following the spread of the respiratory disease COVID-19. We encourage you to use this page as a resource to to ensure you have the latest information.
NEQCA's priorities include: providing clinical support for our LCO leadership and Network providers with COVID-19 protocols and telehealth, operational support to help our practices safely and effectively ramp-up practice operations, economic support to assist our practices in weathering the financial impact of COVID-19, and emotional support because the pandemic is taking a toll on everyone, especially caregivers.
PLEASE NOTE: Information on this website is intended for members of the NEQCA Network. Individuals (patients) seeking COVID-19 health information should consult their primary care physicians or visit the Massachusetts Department of Public Health or Federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Programs For Our Network
NEQCA COVID-19 Update Webinars
NEQCA will host two webinars this month to keep our Network updated about vaccine safety, efficacy and availability, as well as how to successfully navigate the COVID-19 surge.
- Wednesday, January 27, 5:30-6:30 p.m. Click here to join the meeting.
Now Available On Demand:
Please scroll down to the description within each Webinar video, to easily fast-forward to different segments
NEW: NEQCA COVID-19 Update: - January 13, 2021 Vaccine and 2021 Performance Update Presentation and Webinar - January 13, 2021
NEQCA COVID-19 Update: Strategies for navigating the COVID-19 Second Wave Presentation and Webinar- December 22, 2020
NEQCA COVID-19 Update: Strategies for navigating the COVID-19 Second Wave Presentation and Webinar - December 9, 2020
- COVID-19 Update: Second Surge Prep and Maximizing the Value of Telehealth Presentation and Webinar- November 12, 2020
- COVID-19 Update featuring Dr. Maher Ghamloush, Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine,Tufts Medical Center Presentation and Webinar
Wellforce Webinar: Understanding the role of vaccines in control of a novel coronavirus pandemic featuring H. Cody Meissner, MD, Professor of Pediatrics, Tufts Children's Hospital.
Visit the Wellforce Webinar Series
website for details.
- Wellforce COVID-19 Update: Testing, Re-infection, Protecting Health Care Workers in the Ambulatory Setting, and Morefeaturing Ben Kruskal, MD, NEQCA and Adam Weston, MD, Lowell General Hospital. Visit the Wellforce Webinar Series website for details.
Remember to care for yourself during this stressful time. Visit our Clinician Wellbeing page for expert guidance and recommended resources.
Statistics and Expert Resources
Various Visualizations of State and National and COVID-19 Numbers
COVID-19 Cases in Massachusetts (Map)
COVID-19 Cases in Mass: Mass DPH (Data)
The COVID Tracking Project
Global and National impact: Centers for Disease Control
Situation in Massachusetts: Massachusetts Department of Public Health
COVID-19 Resource Center: Infectious Diseases Society of America
Stay Informed: Enroll in MDPH COVID-19 Text Notifications
COVID-19 Treatment Study
Researchers at Tufts Medical Center are asking for NEQCA’s collaboration in recruitment of participants for the Niclosamide for Patients with Mild to Moderate Disease from Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) study.
The study offers patients diagnosed with COVID-19 an opportunity to participate in a COVID-19 treatment study from the comfort of their home, using a combination of a telehealth platform and home delivery of study materials.
Individuals are eligible to enroll within 72 hours of receiving a positive COVID-19 PCR test result.
Please visit this web listing to learn more about the study.
Please contact Phil Oettgen at firstname.lastname@example.org who can assist in ordering Tufts IRB approved study brochures and posters.
Clinical Guidelines and Tools
Updated Quarantine Guidance from The Massachusetts Department of Public Health - November 20, 2020
Increase in positive lead screens despite decrease in screening rates since the COVID-19 Pandemic began
Influenza Vaccinations – Overview, Procurement, and Availability - August, 2020
Now available: Free COVID-19 screening tool for your practice’s employees
VIDEO: How to safely cover your face outside of the home – May 18, 2020
Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C) Associated with Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Transmission of SARS-CoV-2
Testing (PCR and antibody)
NEW: How to Interpret COVID-19 Testing Results - New York Times - December 23, 2020
NEW: Monoclonal Antibody Therapy Now Available at Tufts Medical Center - December 9, 2020
Personal Protective Equipment
NEW: PPE Bulk Purchasing Opportunity -- Massachusetts Hospital Association, in collaboration with PPE.Exchange, is offering another bulk-purchasing opportunity to assist providers in acquiring N95 masks, as well as single-use surgical masks. NEQCA providers who have signed-up for PPE.Exchange are eligible to participate in this bulk-ordering opportunity. If your practice is interested in joining PPE.Exchange to purchase PPE and/or to join this bulk ordering opportunity, please review attached memo or contact Matt Madara, NEQCA Team Lead.
Guidelines and Algorithms
- Clinical Phone Triage Flowchart - August 6, 2020
- Management of health care workers with suspect or confirmed cases of COVID-19- August 5, 2020
- Continued relaxation of prior authorizations (MA Division of Insurance) - June 25, 2020
- In-office administration of inhaled medications for asthma and COPD in the age of Covid-19 - June 2, 2020
- CDC Ten Clinical Tips on COVID-19 - May 8, 2020
- VIDEO: Distinguishing COVID from other common diagnoses in the ambulatory setting during the pandemic - April 13, 2020
- VIDEO: Natural history of COVID in ambulatory setting - April 13, 2020
- CDC Phone Advice Line Tools for children or adults with possible COVID-19
- Primary Care Assessment of Respirations at a Distance – April 9, 2020
- Consumer Pulse Oximeters and Apps Not Recommended - Updated April 9, 2020
- Clinical Opinion: Hydroxychloroquine or Chloroquine not recommended for COVID-19 treament - April 9, 2020
- Severe Illness Associated with Using Non-Pharmaceutical Chloroquine Phosphate to Prevent/Treat COVID-19 - March 31, 2020
- Massachusetts Crisis Standards of Care – April 7, 2020
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing COVID-19 flier
- COVID-19 Information for MA Medical Office Practices (Lehman Center) - April 1, 2020
- PCP Survival Skills During COVID-19: Making Order Out Of Chaos (modified from 3/20 presentation by Dr. Ellie Moresco, Hallmark Health)
- Adult Primary Care Phone Triage Model
- Official Coding Guidelines for COVID-19 - March 10, 2020
Post-Acute and Home Care
Advanced Care Planning and Palliative Support
Practice Reactivation Guidelines
NEQCA has developed guidelines to help our Network safely and effectively ramp-up practice operations. Please visit this section regularly for new and updated information.
If you have specific concerns that impact your ability to see patients in the office, please click here to tell us how we may assist you.
Posters and Signage
Medical Practice Sustainability
Provider Relief Fund: Medicaid and CHIP Provider Distribution Fact Sheet - August 28, 2020
Lead screening decreased since pandemic start - August 10, 2020
Powerpoint: PRF Step By Step Provider Guide - August 10, 2020
CARES Act Stakeholder Toolkit - August 10, 2020
Wellforce Q&A Sessions: Economic Sustainability Strategies- June 10, 2020
Wellforce Q&A Sessions: Economic Sustainability Strategies - June 2, 2020
Wellforce Q&A Sessions: Economic Sustainability Strategies - May 27, 2020
Wellforce Q&A Economic Sustainability Presentation - May 19, 2020
Wellforce Q&A on Economic Sustainability Strategies - May 12, 2020
Wellforce Q&A on Economic Sustainability Strategies - May 6, 2020
Wellforce Q&A on Economic Sustainability Strategies - April 28, 2020
Paycheck Protection Program: What Now? – April 23, 2020
Click here for immediate assistance to secure Paycheck Protection Program funding through Leader Bank
Private Practice Recession Survival Guide – Updated April 21, 2020
Pediatric and Family Practice guidance regarding $20B HHS funding opportunity – April 29, 2020
MassHealth Temporary Rate Increases bulletin (see listing of codes on page 9)
Changes in Stark Law Guidelines - March 30, 2020
Private Practice Recession Survival Guide, Presented by Nate Gagne, NEQCA CFO: Presentation and Webinar - April 3, 2020
NEQCA, in coordination with Tufts Medical Center and Wellforce is now offerring Network practices the opportunity to provide telehealth services. Interested providers will receive training and support to successfully conduct virtual visits with their patients. Click here for telehealth resources, tutorials and upcoming programs.
Mass Lawmakers Extend Telehealth Rate Parity, Boston Globe - December 22, 2020
NEW: HHS Telehealth Expansion for Certain COVID-19 Care Across State Lines - On December 3, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) announced an expansion of telehealth policy that would allow physicians and other providers to administer certain COVID-19-related services via telehealth across state lines.The covered countermeasures are specific to COVID-19 care and include, for example, diagnostic tests that received emergency use authorization from the FDA or antivirals, drugs, or biologics to treat, prevent, cure, or limit the harm of COVID-19. Notably, the amendment preempts state laws prohibiting telehealth across state lines.
Broad Strategies to Combat COVID-19
Use of SARS CoV 2 testing on sewage to monitor community prevalence
- Cell Phone Activity in Categories of Places and Associations With Growth in Cases of COVID-19 in the US
- VIDEO:Reopening school: Questions Pediatricians May Be Asked, MA Chapter AAP/BCH - June 29, 2020
- Interim Policy on Emergency Temporary Licenses, Board of Registration in Medicine - June 25, 2020
- Policy on Telemedicine in the Commonwealth, Board of Registration in Medicine - June 25, 2020
- The Promise and The Peril of Virtual Health Care, The New Yorker - June 22, 2020
- Five Rules To Live By During a Pandemic, New York Times - June 9, 2020
- Reducing COVID-19 Deaths In Nursing Homes: Call To Action - May 27, 2020
- Massachusetts Community Tracing Collaborative Overview
- VIDEO: Answer The Call: Massachusetts Community Tracing Collaborative
- Massachusetts DPH Authorizes Independent Practice of Advance Practice Registered Nurses (APRN) - March 26, 2020
- Infographic: Social Distancing for Youth/General
- Social Distancing: This is Not A Snow Day
- What is Social Distancing and How Can It Slow the Spread of COVID-19
- VIDEO: Help Prevent COVID-19 with Social Distancing (:30)
- VIDEO: How Young People Can Help Prevent COVID-19 with Social Distancing (:30)
- VIDEO: Stop the Spread of Germs like Seasonal Flu and COVID-19 (:30)
- VIDEO: Stay Home - Save Lives (:06)
Resources for our Patients
COVID-19 Clinical Resources
Coronavirus Self-Checkers: Do You Need Medical Care?
Patient information sheet about Covid-19 testing: Web version with clickable links, Print version - April 14, 2020
CDC 10 Things You Can Do to Manage Yourself at Home
Clinician Wellbeing Resources
Recorded Webinars, Presentations and Video
COVID-19 Updates / Second Wave
COVID-19 Updates / First Wave
- July 29 - COVID-19 Update Presentation
- July 29 - Developmental Trauma and COVID-19 Presentation by Dr. Alice Connors-Kellgren, PhD, Clinical Psychologist, Tufts MC
- July 22 - COVID-19 Update Presentation and Webinar featuring Michael Eaton, Sr. VP BVK Advisory Services
- July 15 - COVID-19 Update Presentation by Dr. Ben Kruskal
- July 8 - COVID-19 Update Presentation and Webinar
- June 24 - COVID-19 Update Presentation and Webinar
- June 19 - Practice Reactivation Drop-In Q&A Presentation and Webinar
- June 19 - COVID-19 Update: Presentation
- June 11 - COVID-19 Update and Cardiovascular aspects of COVID-19 with Dr. Amanda Vest Presentation and Webinar (start video at 9:06) - June 11, 2020
- June 3 - COVID-19 Update with Dr. Cody Meissner: Presentation and Webinar - June 3, 2020
- May 28 - COVID-19 Update: Presentation and Webinar
- May 28 - COVID CORNER Podcast - Dr. Shira Doron, Hospital Epidemiologist
- May 21 - Update: COVID-19 Update: Presentation and Webinar
- May 14 - COVID-19 Update: Presentation and Webinar
- May 11 - COVID CORNER Podcast - Dr. Helen Boucher, Chief Division of Geographic Medicine and Infectious Diseases
- April 30 - COVID-19 Update (Pediatric Focus): Presentation and Webinar
- April 16 - Taking Care of Your Emotional Health Webinar for Clinicians - Presentation and Webinar
- April 15 - Tips for Telehealth Success with Drs. Davis Bu (Adult PCP), Sheila Morehouse (Pediatric PCP) and Bindiya Thakkar (Endocrinologist): Webinar
- April 24 - Tufts Medical Center Medicine Grand Rounds: Management of Cardiovascular, Diabetic, and Renal Complications of SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19
- April 21 - Dr. Ben Kruskal COVID-19 Clinical Q&A Presentation and Webinar
- April 17 - Tufts Medical Center Medicine Grand Rounds: Bioethics in the COVID-19 Pandemic Era
- April 14 - Dr. Ben Kruskal COVID-19 Clinical Q&A Presentation and Webinar
- April 10 - A Thank You Message from Wellforce President and CEO Mike Dandorph
- April 9 - Dr. Ben Kruskal COVID-19 Clinical Q&A: Presentation and Webinar
- April 5 - VIDEO: Dr. Michael Apkon shares updates about PPE donations and reusability
- April 3 - SARS-CoV-2: Outpatient and non-ICU Hospital Evaluation and Care
- April 2 - Dr. Ben Kruskal COVID-19 Clinical Q&A Presentation and Webinar
- March 31- Dr. Ben Kruskal COVID-19 Clinical Q&A
- March 31 - VIDEO: Maintaining Compassion for Self and Others, Bill Kahn, PhD, BU Questrom School of Business
- March 31 - VIDEO: Dealing with Fear and Anxiety During COVID-19
- March 30 - VIDEO: Dr. Michael Apkon: Our phases of COVID-19: Preparation, Testing, Surge and Recovery
- March 27 - Tufts Medical Center Grand Rounds on Protecting Healthcare Workers
- March 27 - VIDEO: Dr. Michael Apkon on Universal masking policy
- March 25 - Tufts Medical Center on Emotional Support and COVID-19
- March 24 - VIDEO: Dr. Michael Apkon -Together, Let’s Get It Done
- March 19 - Medicare Quality Committee: Special Meeting on COVID-19
- March 17 - Dr. Ben Kruskal: COVID-19 and your practice: what can you do?
Resources For The Workplace