Eric Silverman, MD, Named Chair of NEQCA Board of Trustees
January 28, 2020
By Joseph Frolkis MD, PhD, FACP, FAHA
President and Chief Executive Officer, New England Quality Care Alliance
I'm very pleased to announce that Eric Silverman, MD
, has been appointed Chair of the NEQCA Board. Dr. Silverman is Chief of the Pulmonary and Critical Care Division, MetroWest Medical Center; Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine Boston University School of Medicine President and Chairman, MetroWest Healthcare Alliance, Inc. Local Care Organization (LCO). As Chair, Dr. Silverman will lead NEQCA's Board of Trustees in setting policy, monitoring organizational performance and building and sustaining a high-performing governance structure.
- Laura Baecher-Lind, MD, MPH, Director, Women's Care of Tufts Medical Center, Associate Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Jenny S. Chiang, MD, Medical Director, Metrowest Healthcare Alliance
- David Criss, MD, Melrose Internal Medicine Associates, PC, Hallmark Health System
- K. Erik Henrikson, MD, Chair, Combined Department of Radiology, Hallmark Health System
- Dhiren Sutaria, MD, PCP Medical Director, Woodland Internists, Highland Healthcare Assoc.
Dr. Silverman succeeds Daniel F. Driscoll, MD, who served with distinction as NEQCA Board Chair from 2017-2019. Dr. Driscoll is Medical Director, Tufts Medical Center Primary Care in Quincy; Primary Care Physician; Assistant Professor, Tufts University School of Medicine. We also express our appreciation to three departing Trustees: Steven Golden, MD, Healthcare South; Eleanor Moresco, MD, Hallmark Health Medical Associates; and Deeb Salem, MD, Physician-in-Chief, Department of Medicine; Sheldon M. Wolff Professor and Chairman, Department of Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine.