Last updated: 5/26/2020
In collaboration with our colleagues at Tufts Medical Center and Floating Hospital for Children, NEQCA is closely following the spread of the respiratory disease COVID-19. We encourage you to use this page as a resource to to ensure you have the latest information.
NEQCA's priorities include: providing clinical support for our LCO leadership and Network providers with COVID-19 protocols and telehealth, operational support to help our practices safely and effectively ramp-up practice operations, economic support to assist our practices in weathering the financial impact of COVID-19, and emotional support because the pandemic is taking a toll on everyone, especially caregivers.
Remember to care for yourself during this stressful time. Visit our Clinician Wellbeing page for expert guidance and recommended resources.
Programs For Our Network
NEQCA Practice Reactivation Drop-In Q&A:
- Wednesday, May 27: 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m
- Monday, June 1: 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m
- Wednesday, June 3: 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m
- Monday, June 8: 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m
- Friday, June 12: 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m
- Tuesday, June 16: 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m
- Friday, June 19: 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m
NEQCA COVID-19 Updates:
- Thursday, May 28: 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 3: 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Wellforce Q&A Sessions: Economic Sustainability Strategies:
Share your feedback TODAY - Economic Sustainability Session Survey
- Wednesday, May 27: 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 2: 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 10: 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Practice Reactivation Guidelines
NEQCA has developed guidelines to help our Network safely and effectively ramp-up practice operations. Please visit this section regularly for new and updated information.
Resources referred to within the Guide:
Statistics and Expert Resources
Massachusetts COVID-19 Response (Map)
COVID-19 Cases in Massachusetts (Map)
COVID-19 Cases in Mass: Mass DPH (Data)
The COVID Tracking Project
Global and National impact: Centers for Disease Control
Situation in Massachusetts: Massachusetts Department of Public Health
COVID-19 Resource Center: Infectious Diseases Society of America
Travel Restrictions: U.S. State Department
Stay Informed: Enroll in MDPH COVID-19 Text Notifications
Clinical Guidelines and Tools
VIDEO: How to safely cover your face outside of the home – May 18, 2020
Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C) Associated with Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Updated Massachusetts DPH Guidelines For Testing Persons with Suspected COVID-19 – May 13, 2020
Testing (PCR and antibody)
Personal Protective Equipment
Guidelines and Algorithms
- UPDATED: Management of health care workers with suspect or confirmed cases of COVID-19- May 18, 2020
- CDC Ten Clinical Tips on COVID-19 - May 8, 2020
- VIDEO: Distinguishing COVID from other common diagnoses in the ambulatory setting during the pandemic - April 13, 2020
- VIDEO: Natural history of COVID in ambulatory setting - April 13, 2020
- CDC Phone Advice Line Tools for children or adults with possible COVID-19
- Primary Care Assessment of Respirations at a Distance – April 9, 2020
- Consumer Pulse Oximeters and Apps Not Recommended - Updated April 9, 2020
- Clinical Opinion: Hydroxychloroquine or Chloroquine not recommended for COVID-19 treament - April 9, 2020
- Massachusetts Crisis Standards of Care – April 7, 2020
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing COVID-19 flier
- COVID-19 Information for MA Medical Office Practices (Lehman Center) - April 1, 2020
- Severe Illness Associated with Using Non-Pharmaceutical Chloroquine Phosphate to Prevent/Treat COVID-19 - March 31, 2020
- PCP Survival Skills During COVID-19: Making Order Out Of Chaos (modified from 3/20 presentation by Dr. Ellie Moresco, Hallmark Health)
- Adult Primary Care Phone Triage Model
- Official Coding Guidelines for COVID-19 - March 10, 2020
Other Practice Resources
Post-Acute and Home Care
Advanced Care Planning and Palliative Support
Medical Practice Sustainability
- Wellforce Q&A Economic Sustainability Presentation - May 19, 2020
- Wellforce Q&A on Economic Sustainability Strategies - May 12, 2020
- Wellforce Q&A on Economic Sustainability Strategies - May 6, 2020
- Wellforce Q&A on Economic Sustainability Strategies - April 28, 2020
- Paycheck Protection Program: What Now? – April 23, 2020
- Click here for immediate assistance to secure Paycheck Protection Program funding through Leader Bank
- Private Practice Recession Survival Guide – Updated April 21, 2020
- Pediatric and Family Practice guidance regarding $20B HHS funding opportunity – April 29, 2020
- MassHealth Temporary Rate Increases bulletin (see listing of codes on page 9)
- Changes in Stark Law Guidelines - March 30, 2020
- Private Practice Recession Survival Guide, Presented by Nate Gagne, NEQCA CFO: Presentation and Webinar - April 3, 2020
NEQCA, in coordination with Tufts Medical Center and Wellforce is now offerring Network practices the opportunity to provide telehealth services. Interested providers will receive training and support to successfully conduct virtual visits with their patients. Click here for telehealth resources, tutorials and upcoming programs.
Tufts Medical Center Telehealth Services
Floating Hospital Pedi Specialty Announcement - April 16, 2020
Broad Strategies to Combat COVID-19
Resources for our Patients
COVID-19 Clinical Resources
Coronavirus Self-Checkers: Do You Need Medical Care?
Patient information sheet about Covid-19 testing: Web version with clickable links, Print version - April 14, 2020
CDC 10 Things You Can Do to Manage Yourself at Home
Clinician Wellbeing Resources
- VIDEO: Caregiving Grand Rounds: Peer Support and Wellbeing in the time of COVID-19 - Joe Shapiro, MD, FACS
- VIDEO: Caregiving Grand Rounds: Witnessing, Loss and Grief in COVID Time: What Truly Matters - Kaethe Weingarten, PhD
- VIDEO: Caregiving Grand Rounds: A Secure Core of Compassion and Awareness for an Insecure Time - John Makransky, PhD
- VIDEO: Caregiving Grand Rounds: Maintaining Compassion for Self and Others-William Kahn
- VIDEO: Caregiving Grand Rounds: Stress Management and Resilience Building at Time of COVID 19
- Supporting Clinicians During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Annals of Internal Medicine - March 2020
- Understanding and Addressing Sources of Anxiety Among Health Care Professionals During the COVID-19 Pandemic, JAMA - April 29, 2020
- Webinar Series: Emotional Well-Being During COVID-19 for Health Care Providers
- AHA Discounts for Healthcare Workers - April 28, 2020
- Free 60-min Drop-in Support For Those Affected by COVID-19 - April 28, 2020
- Webinar: Preparing for a Marathon: Healthcare Worker & Organizational Sustainment During COVID-19
- Supporting the Health Care Workforce During the COVID-19 Global Epidemic
Recorded Webinars, Presentations and Videos
April 30 - COVID-19 Update (Pediatric Focus): Presentation and Webinar
April 16 - Taking Care of Your Emotional Health Webinar for Clinicians - Presentation and Webinar
April 15 - Tips for Telehealth Success with Drs. Davis Bu (Adult PCP), Sheila Morehouse (Pediatric PCP) and Bindiya Thakkar (Endocrinologist): Webinar
April 21 - Dr. Ben Kruskal COVID-19 Clinical Q&A Presentation and Webinar
April 14 - Dr. Ben Kruskal COVID-19 Clinical Q&A Presentation and Webinar
April 9 - Dr. Ben Kruskal COVID-19 Clinical Q&A: Presentation and Webinar
April 2 - Dr. Ben Kruskal COVID-19 Clinical Q&A Presentation and Webinar
Resources For The Workplace
Ways you can help
- NEW: Get Involved with the new Community Tracing Collaborative
- Donate: The Tufts Medical Center Make The Difference Fund assists with all things that will help keep our frontline caregivers as safe as possible, and help support them through the great personal sacrifices they make each day to provide exceptional and compassionate care.
- Massachusetts COVID-19 Relief Fund
- Make Masks: How to Make Fabric Masks: Pattern and Video
- Petition Congress for MD Practice Economic Relief
- Donate Blood: The Red Cross is facing a critical shortage of blood products. Those who are healthy, feeling well and eligible to give blood or platelets are urged to make an appointment to donate as soon as possible by using the Red Cross Blood Donor App, visiting RedCrossBlood.org, or calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
- Volunteer: Please pass along word that the Commonwealth of Massachusetts seeks health care professionals willing to volunteer to address the impact of COVID-19, especially respiratory therapists and public health nurses.